Sunday, December 28, 2008

Whisper

My blood starts to rush

Cheeks starting blush

Heart pounds in thrust

Voice turns to hush

When the story of us

Is spoken on tongues

Of others

I am without you

Just one part of two

Awaiting my cue

And I had no clue

To tell you the truth

But oh now I know

And oh how I know

And I swear I’ll show

You more as we go

But a life lived halfway

Just rambling for days

Words cheaply made

Proudly displayed

But then thrown away

Then discarded

Have caused this drought

This sense of doubt

This shyness I feel

At confession

Because to my dismay

I’ve nothing to say

To give such a weight

As description

Our words are afloat

Carrying me

Weightlessly

Preciously

Simple and real

And to say how I feel

Might sound appealing

Most of the time I want to

But to give our hearts weight

Is to tempt fate

With tying those words to the earth

And earth is to tying

As life is to dying

So though I am trying

Tonight I’m not lying

I’d much rather hear

Soft on my ears

The story of us

On the tongues

Of others

Let them see where we are

Who we were

Where we stand

Let them lament

The precious present

And compare to our past

Let them hope we last

Let them laugh

At our facts

We will unpack

More weight from our backs

And soar to the stars unspoken

Unbroken

And untouched by time

Blurring the lines

Of yours and mine

Doing just fine

Silent

Divine

So stay with me here

In this stratosphere

Where the skies are clear

And the words we hear

From people so dear

To us

Tell stories of lust

Stories of love

Stories of trust

Stories from tongues

Whispered in love

Whispered in hush

Whispered because

They are whispered of us