Monday, June 15, 2009

The Gambler

And so at least I know
It's me
That is feeling, climbing, explaining
Circumstance and indecision aside
I am this now
There are givens given
And hypotheticals discussed
At the seminar of 'What Next?'
Oddly placed in Vegas
Gambling and affirmations aside
I am standing, smoking, looking
At all the tables of play
Knowing it's me
Who has a very clear decision to make
To take over as Showgirl
With the deepest positive affirmations
My titty tassels can elicit

As I strip down to strip down
I realize, life is null and void
N/A
The sigh of relief is comparable to Katrina winds
And my stage name is born
There are no answers
What is-s
What was-s
And what will be-s
But no right or wrongs
No answers
Just questions
And I stop yelling at the microphone
Stop blowing dice like my life depends on it
And start shaking my fringe
And showing off a new look of pretentiousness
Because I wonder why people are attracted to men that treat them like shit
Not because I know they are
Swinging tea-bag insults in your bifocals
And thumping to the mirrored disco balls
As multi-faceted
And reflective
As any given noun or situation
One can imagine
Too smart for your own good
Thinking yourself dumb
Breathing
Smoking
Staring
Asking
Giving the disappointments and teases
And picking money off the stage like third world
Toddlers pick trash from land fills
Why?
Good question.
What does anyone lower himself?
Is it because we are raised to see our standards gleaming
High atop the landfills and mountains of history books
Pages screaming of struggles for indignance
And the very concept of a standard of living
Eat pac man gulps of our existence
For life
And the assumption that we all lower ourselves
Just to bend over to the ground
I know my dressing room standards
But life is hardly ever back stage
Its down center
And the lights will rise
When the horse races are over.
So I ask the lights
My questions
And gladly stretch
For my next bends to the floor.