Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Of You

I ask so many things
Of you
That I hardly have time to listen
And I find myself
After some time
Asking only as a test
To hear again 'yes'
Of you
While you blame it on your age
And blame it on your race
And blame it on your masculinity
Each of these true
But we both know the truth
That I am much better
At rubbing my eyes and blinking as a child
Tired
And wide-eyed
Is this true?
I wonder
Christmas
Fails
Beside this
While you are much better at listening
And saying yes
Because you are the only person I have met
Fully free to love
As stated in the rules
That say
Only love when you love yourself
Everyone else I know
Myself, god knows
Finds the path to self love
Inside of someone else
You've loved yourself so long
You've moved on to me
And I sit
Ever thankful
And you listen
While I am convinced
Which is more than I could ever ask
Of you