Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Marlboro Red One Hundreds

The world is happening around me and I can
See myself sit there, the American
As the banks fall and crumble down to their knees
Finally having the same money issues as me
And a new wave of hippies sits to lament
On guitars the struggle of the ninety nine percent
And the countries are screaming from poverty, disease
We wonder whats next for good ‘ol HIV
And wonder what it is that our children will see
And why a black president didn’t make us all free
I can’t help but see me
Doing the best I can
To not understand
See me. American.
It’s officially too much and I know I’m no use
To anyone when I’m in tears and I refuse
To let the way that world is being abused
Make my cigarettes burn any faster
Be it financial meltdown or medical disaster
I’m done
It’s enough
I’m through
Thank you
I did what I can
And I don’t have a plan
Love, American.