Thursday, November 29, 2012

West

They have said that I am eloquent
Well you can say that again
Always love a compliment
It keeps me feeling relevant
But I've found a new predicament
Found that all my time is spent
Taking breaths and breathing in
Pheromones that's heaven scent
Brown eyes I am drowning in
A love that was so instant
I've got to say I'm finding it
Hard to believe I am sober

But I know
That I am
This man
Got me overwhelmed
And I can't
Understand
How it opened
Like a can of unplanned
Morning Folgers

He's the best part of waking up

It's insane
Roaming
Free through the plains
Calling his name
For years it's been played
Out again with no gain
Calling names through the grain
Feeling trapped in the weed
Now I'm finally free
And bam like lightning
He comes running to me

So I know they call me eloquent
But it's funny now I'm finding it
Hard to find the words to get
Across what I mean
Because he not only took from me
The luggage that I've been lugging
But every single air I breathe
And the words from my chest
And I'm doing my best
To try and undress
The little distress
Of wordless obsessions
But I must confess
I've no words left
The boy from the West
Came straight to my chest
And stole the wind out and left
Me with the best
Kind of addiction
Love