Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Coward

An awful demon grabbed my
Arms last night and held me down 
I fought back 
And he shook the bed 
I dragged him out of my dreams 
Woke up 
And the bed was still shaking 
The demon was still there 
We were still fighting 
"Who is this?!" I demanded 
"What are you afraid of?" He replied 
"You are what I am afraid of!" I screamed 
"Exactly." He laughed 
"Go away!" And I fought
Him harder
And the bed shook 
"You cannot fight me" he mocked me
"You fight harder I just hold on tighter"
He was in my face above me 
And so
In a moment 
I calmed myself long enough 
To say that last minute prayer 
"God. Help."
And it occurred to me
All bathed in white 
That I cannot fight him 
Afraid that I will lose
I have to relax, simply 
And let him go
Certain that I will win.
The bed stopped shaking. 
But he is still in my closet
I'm watched him fly in there.
Coward.