Thursday, September 11, 2008

Warm Here

They say they only want me
If know they can’t have me
Don’t want I should lose you
But I’m begging you to grab me
Nab me
Grasp free
The good and the bad, see
I’m ecstatically
Elastic
Bouncing back
And forth knowing
This desire I go showing
May be slowing
Things down, but I’m going
I gotta keep it all hush
But you’re a burning hot oven
And I know I’m gonna touch it
that’s unless
This confess
Is too pressing
Because all I know is feeling
And I feel like I should know
The way you feel about me
When I let my words go
But I don’t
There are twenty billion facts
Ten million after that
In stacks
Of this and that
That are so exact
About who I am
And I know it’s far fetched
At best
But
I have a sip too much
And they fall out on the floor
The thinks I am thinking
The flowetry I pour
About knowing I want more
That I just can’t ignore
Knowing I adore
This simple speedy truth
The facts about you
And all that I will do
To try and keep you
See, I try my best to hide it
Don’t want to send you out
Scared and shouting
Sending texts about
That boy who sent you flowers
Within a few hours
Of the meeting he was calling
The beginning of his falling
The start of this see-sawing
Grand prize drawing
Phenomenon
But my earth is shaking
And my waves are waking
And my air is baking
In this heat you’re making
So though it’s been a week
You don’t know me
We aren’t yet we
And this is silly
Allow me the chance
To go all in
Push my chips in
Breathe deep, hope big
Toss dice and give spin
To the idea of beginnings
And the knowledge that I’m yours
To the hope of what our course
Has in store
To the million little pours
Holding tight to make the place
Where that smile radiates
And those eyes
Entice
Delight
And cause a stream to feel free
To flow forth from me
About every
Part of this man
You can already have
You do already have
Me at my best
A little distressed
By how quickly my chest
Surrendered its vessel
My ribs pulled apart
Room for two hearts
And it’s warm here whenever you’re ready.