Sunday, February 19, 2012

Horror Film

I shake my foot in silent moments
Blame it on the coffee
But I know its because I'm trying to escape
Just being inside this body
When will I get out of this place
And into someone who gets out of bed?
It's too impossible at this point
To expect this body to change
I know nothing is hopeless
But I also know I won't ever leave this body by shaking my foot either
It doesn't mean I stop
Hopelessly fidgeting

Did you ever watch a movie
And see a character from the film
Hang out with you during the credits?
Popping up now and again
To entertain those in the theater who are still left
Too much of one thing or another
To leave
That's me
It's time to move on from this movie
There's a chance for the new to begin
But I roll down the screen in the darkness
Because I'm just too afraid to leave.

And I am also afraid, my dear, that my true blue root
Of addiction
Is a fancy I have for
Putting my hands around the soft and beautiful throat of my potential self
And hearing him gasp for air as he chokes to death
He's been holding on for so long-my potential self
He's been kicking and holding into my wrists since I was 16 years old.
He's a fighter alright
But I can hear his breaths getting softer
And his eyes are all red now.