Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Off My Chest

Here again I sit
So sick
Of this shit
I let myself slip
Into

Someone asks me a question
Expecting whatever I say in return
Will make them laugh
And instead I suck the energy out of the room
And send it into
That blank space
That's all over my face
I'm deflated
Because of you

I try to be cool
I try to live in the middle of the road
Let shit go
But the very thing that makes you want me
From the moment we meet
Is the very thing that makes you run
Within the first week
Intensity
But you have got to understand
That I am a mess
And I have no plans to clean anytime soon
I do not listen to the way that the rain sounds
And imagine a battalion of fallen angels
Bouncing off the sidewalk
And making street lights glow
Only so that I can turn around
And be totally 'chill, bro' about
The sexual energy
Of you pounding someone else
On your bed
And then expecting
Me to come lay
In his pussy juice
If I imagine stars are little bits of
Art
From the past
Lighting skies for the eyes
Of new hands to keep passing
The buck
Then why the fuck
Would you think I just
Go
With the flow
Of knowing
His hole
Was full of your meat
While you pumped your seed
Into the sheets
That you want me to lay on
While we cuddle to sleep
You do not get to choose
The extremes
Of me
You want the sun
Then you deal with the heat
You want the moon
Then you deal with me
If you want my passion in between sheets
Then you deal with my jealous fits on the street
If you want my heart to rest at your feet
Then you hug me close
And exclusively
Or you can be free
But be timely
With your decision
Because I am a mess and as you may know
When you look at your room and the clothes on the floor
Messes move quick


If you see a mess
And it makes you give up
If you see a mess
And it makes you uncomfortable
If you see a mess
And its not what you want
Then when the time comes
Just dont sign up

Dont make me believe
That you're going to push
Yourself to a place
Where you think of me
And what I must need
Consistently
Dont watch me do that
For you
And think how lovely a gift
And how unexpected
Like its a lovely gesture
And you're just free to enjoy
Its an agreement
That you'll do the same
I am not insane
For expecting your ways
To also change
From day
One

And if that is
Too much to ask for
Then when you see my beauty
At the art show
Hanging so perfectly
Admiring the chaos
In how crazy I speak
Do me
A favor
And keep walking
To the next painting
In the gallery
Because I am a mess
A big, complicated
Intricate, modern
Abstract
That you may just adore
But there is no room for
Me in your foyer

So stop
Trying
To take
Me
Home
Unless you know
Exactly where I'll go
In your home
Unless my mess
Compliments the rest
Of your nest
Unless your bed
Is a sacred resting
Place for your chest
To ask for my head
To come hear the best
Of what your heart beat
Has
To offer

And for God's sake
Before me becomes we
Keep your mess but
Change your sheets
For me