Friday, January 14, 2011

Enough

I'm looking into your skin
That echoes out a great deal
Of the arguments you are making
For a soft, tender power
To hold the world in a headlock
Until it laughs "Enough!"
I forgot the sheets
I forgot my place
My circulation
And what we were talking about
I forgot where we were
Just now
Because of just that
Just
Now
I just remembered your skin
Again and again
While I do my best to tumble
In your warm air-fluff cycle
And remember
It will be okay
Without depending on your exhaled
Cozy reminders that
You've got my protection
My body
My heart-hunger
Covered
So that
I can
Only enjoy those life rafts
Bobbing with reassurance
Without needing them
I cling to you until
I am confident
There is no way to be closer
I make my way from your skin
To your hair
To your teeth
To your full lips
And wait forever
To finally have
Enough