Friday, January 14, 2011

Reach

I sit with my eyes closed
A blank slate
Surrounded by white
And lightness
A perfect meditation
And remember
One at a time
Each note to the sound
Of the song
Of your voice
I build your image
One bend
One ripple
One vein
At a time
Paying close attention
To your lashes
Each one of each one of
Your eyes
And how they are the most magnificent
And furthest reaching...
Drawing me into your eyes
And brushing my blushing cheek
From across oceans
And thousands of miles away
Where you stand beneath
Flags waving my name
And undoubtedly reach
To brush your soft square fingers
Against them
As you walk under
A rainbow
And feel protection
As I feel protection
From the rain
I reach out to your image
Perfectly reproduced
Accurate
Heart breaking
And feel homesick
For wherever it is
You are