Friday, November 18, 2016

These Days

Things that matter to me

Change as I get older

Things that make a difference

Are always on the turn

And I find myself enthralled

With this season's changing matters

As I look at the list of what's keeping 

My attention these days

Things like how your skin looks

In the sun light 

And how your skin glows

With the orange of city nights 

Things like how your eyes tear up 

But never turn red 

When you cry

Like you aren't irritated 

By emotions that weigh a lot

Things like how your skin reacts in an instant

To the back and forth pattern of the 

Rotating fan in the room

And goosebumps appear on your shoulders

Left to right

Like the words on a page

Things like the brown in your eyes

Being dark enough to match the darkness in the middle

Things like that

Things like the sound of your laugh when 

I am the one responsible 

For its source

And how honored I feel

And things like the shape of your fingers

And how even the hair on your legs

Makes me hungry for you 

Somehow

These new things

They matter to me

And I sit

Rolling with the motions

Running my hands across you

And my eyes up and down 

Fascinated by how

Fascinated

I am

By you

These days