Wednesday, January 22, 2014

La Pared



When I was a three year old

He took me out to show

Me a fountain where the goldfish

Watch over your wishes

He had much more to show

Than I needed to know




And after him I feel like I was on

The wall

And you could push me over if you want

But you can't be there when I fall

For me




When I was fourteen later in my youth

I wanted to make sure it was me who knew

How to be in charge

So I called

An older man with no name

To come and claim me

And when my family had all gone

I gave him a virginity I never had

I tried to grab onto

Myself but I lost it all




And after him I know that I hit

The wall

And gave up knowing what was on

The other side at all

I tried to catch my breath but i hit a wall

And I did my best to catch the blood

While it'd streak my face and fall

From me




When I was 19 I moved to the East

And thought I ditched the wall

But a man walked me home drunk

One night and I listened when he talked

He said I needed him to help

And he'd be there in case I fell

He led me down into the trees to

Show me a quicker route

When he ripped the belt from my young waist

I knew what he was talking about




After him I was underneath

The wall

And I tried to push myself back up

But by now I was just too calm

And no one sees me now just

A wall

I can stand the dirt and and the sand

But I can't answer

I can't hear you when you call

To me




When I was 23 years old I put the wrong things into me

I let the same men who brought me hell

Have the lock and keep the keys

And I chocked in sweat until I coughed up nasty HIV

Sitting underneath the wall you catch

What rolls downstream




And after him I know that I'm inside

The wall

I ask you how can something live

With no air to breathe at all?

And you can climb and kick or try and dig

To travel underneath

But I am now whats between you

And the side that you cant see




And I watch you as you walk away

And do not turn around

You tell me that Im broken, lost

And someday you hope I'm found

But how can you find what's hidden in

The wall?

You can look a lifetime if you'd like

And I'll be here standing tall

The wall




After me I will walk away from

The wall

And I'll sit with tears on the other side

And watch this fucker fall

I am what will one day break down

The wall

If I've learned anything I learned how

To be a wrecking ball

Nothing breaks better than from inside

So I hide inside and plot within

Pushing back against

Both sides

And you don't have to know what's on my mind

But I will give you hope

That I'm still going

And I'll show you that I'm fine

And you can one day come and watch it fall

Drink the daylight breathe the air

And understand it all

With me.