Thursday, January 23, 2014

While You Lie Sleeping



While you lay sleeping next to me

I think of protecting you

Because you finally gave me

The last leg up I needed

To see myself as strong enough

To protect someone

And the first person I chose

To look after was you

So here I lay

While you sleep

And I wrap us both in light

And I call upon every last God that

Has ever been a part of my life

To join me

And I see your guardians and

Your guides

And your spirit animals

I see your light

And my own

And my protectors

My guides

My angels

And all of it

All of them

All of us

Are circling this blessed bed we

Lay on together

And filling this place with so much light that

I cannot sleep through it

I bat away your nightmares

And dissolve my doubts

Certain that your protection

Is more important than my sleep

You leave me tomorrow

For the other side of the country

But you don't ever leave me

And I will always be there

In your light

Giving you mine

Surrounding your bed

With every part of me

That i give you tonight

That you give me tonight

That the gods give us

To sleep in.